Shared Hosting VS VPS Hosting
If you are running your small business successfully then you must know about the shared hosting. But I am still reviewing the comparison between shared hosting and VPS hosting. Not only choosing a right web hosting brand is required, but there are still some additional features required to choose a proper web hosting plan.
So, the types of hosting which are available are shared hosting (the lowest level), VPS hosting and Dedicated servers hosting. So, guys for a progressive success rate, you need to grow with time and so should be your business.
So stepping up from the lower level to a higher level, should be a compulsive step. So, if your domain experiences a good quantitative and stable traffic and it is not increasing further, then it means that you need to upgrade to a further level i.e. from shared web hosting to VPS (Virtual Private Servers).
Definitely, VPS hosting is better than shared hosting. So, I am putting some highlights on the two types of hosting and their features. So have a look.
Shared Hosting, as the name suggests, lets the users to share a common server and thus users get the services at cheaper price. It is thus beneficial for the newcomers who don’t have much investment to start with.
Advantages of Shared Plans
- Affordable - Off course, shared plans are more affordable. We can get a shared plan with a setup price of $2 - $4 per month. So, it is an affordable price.
- No Technical Knowledge Required - Since, the shared hosting lets the users to rely or depend on them completely, there is not much technical required to run blog.
- Huge Storage Space- Storage space of a website in shared plan can be extended by requested further more.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- You have limited number of tools.
- The server crashes often and is slow in speed.
- The customer support at the lowest level is also not much effective.
Virtual Private Servers are a kind of virtual servers which are not the full servers but a portion of server is dedicated to you only. So, for more flexibility and features, you always need more reliable solutions. Such a solution is VPS hosting.
So, it is very important to upgrade to the VPS plan from the shared plan if you have a huge traffic.
Advantages of VPS Hosting
- There will be huge bandwidth and huge disk usage space.
- You have higher flexibility and higher speed.
- You get experience of more secured hosting which is protected from viruses and malwares.
- You have better customer support than shared plans. So, your problems will be listened with higher priority and will be solved earlier.
Disadvantages of VPS Hosting
- You require a little technical knowledge for using VPS hosting.
- Some of the features cause error in the virtual environment of this hosting.
- Vps hosting is costlier then Shared web hosting