How to Save Environment at Home
To save the world you do not have to become a super hero. Everyone can take small steps to protect environment. Believe, they don’t demand super power – quite the contrary, they’re easy to do, especially when they have become a habit. While the eco-effect of your steps can be little, it IS GREAT if millions of people start taking them.
Doing something little for environment at home is like taking part in a super-fantastic and huge flash mob Just imagine how global these simple actions can be! And what is more – what useful effect it can provide for Mother Earth!
So What Can We Actually Do to save our Enviroment?Take a look at a list of simple rules that are to be observed by those who want to be a part of this global “flash mob”.
1. USE ECO-SAFE BULBS.These small things are more important than they seem. According to statistics replacing ordinary bulbs with fluorescent ones in every house of the USA would give the equal effect as removing 1 million automobiles from roads. If you leave the room for more than 15 minutes, turn off the bulbs. Especially it concerns incandescent ones.
2. SWITCH OFF YOUR COMPUTER AT NIGHT-TIME.Leaving a computer turned on (sleep mode) spends nearly 50 watt-hours a day. If you want your computer to be switched on, when you start working, use automatic settings.
3. PRE-HEATING THE OVEN IS NOT ALWAYS NECESSARY.Cooking a dish doesn’t always require preheated oven. You can turn it on right when you put the baking tray or a dish in.
4. DO NOT POLUTE NATURE WITH GLASS.Decomposition of glass takes over two millions of years. So there’s a way out – recycling it. This is how we can reduce air pollution and prevent contamination of water.
5. DRY THE WASHING BY AIR.This way you’ll save your cloths – the color and condition of linen will be great. Moreover, you’ll save money.
6. WRITE ON BOTH SIDES OF A PAPER.The expense of paper is very significant in nowadays world. That’s why it’s so important to reduce it and save this resource as much as we can. For that purpose duplex printing can be used. Also we should recycle utilized paper.
7. PLANT FLOWERS AND TREES!This recommendation is one of the most important. Planting a tree will shade the building, so you can save money on cooling it in summertime. Flowers will decorate your house, flower-beds or garden, and will give them a pleasant view. And also plants are useful for air and the soil.
8. DROP IN A SECOND-HAND STORE WHENEVER YOU GO SHOPPING.Second-hand goods are not always of poor quality. So you can buy some stuff of the kind. It’s profitable and money-saving way of preventing pollution. Choose the wares you like that are of good condition and use them, and in case you do not need them no more, sell them.
9. USE REUSABLE COFFEE CUP.If you’re in the habit of drinking coffee every morning, use your own cup. It will be good not only for you, but for coffee shops as well – it’ll reduce expenditures for paper cups. You can even get a discount for that!
10. OLD MOBILE PHONES NEED TO BE RECYCLED.Every year millions of mobile phones are retired. If they’re thrown into landfills, environment can be polluted with toxic substances that are introduces by batteries and other phone components. So you can opt for one of the programs that offer old phones recycling.
11. REFUSE FROM JUNK MAIL.This is the way to save millions of trees and it surely will not bring any inconvenience for you, because you do not need all the junk mail which continues to store in your garage or pantry.
12. DOWNLOAD THE FILES AND THE SOFTWARE.Compact discs are convenient in one way, but on the other hand they appear to be a huge amount of waste. So if you have Internet access it’s better to download the data you need directly on your computer. Another way is to use external hard drive, if you do not have enough space on your local hard disk.
These rules are not that hard. It’s about doing something with total awareness of the effects that can follow.These tiny steps can be great for environment.
Changing the World is about Changing Your Way of Thinking
So to make it happen and to make your own contribution to saving the planet do the following:
Think about the possible effect of your actions and their influence on environment.
- Get to know about problems of nature pollution.
- Make your own list of rules that you’ll keep to in order to protect nature from polluting.
- Tell your friends, neighbors, mates and relatives about this concern.
- Be active in this and you’ll make the world change!